Normally the business daily period starts from 9 am to 5pm, and everything runs open from Monday to Friday. Grocery stores and some other retail stores stay open until 9 pm during weekdays and they remain open for the weekend until 5pm. Most of the businesses are however closed on Sundays.
Regarding bars, clubs and restaurants, closing time varies from one territory to another.
The following public holidays are observed nationally:
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Good Friday or Easter Monday
- Canada Day – July 1
- Labour Day – first Monday in September
- Christmas Day – December 25
Additional public holidays are determined by individual provinces and territories.
- Family Day – Third Monday in February
- Victoria Day – the Monday preceding May 25
- Civic Holiday – First Monday in August
- Thanksgiving – second Monday in October
- Remembrance Day – November 11
- Boxing Day – December 26